Cyber security essentials
This self-paced module can be completed at your convenience:
Course level: Beginner
We’ve heard from many organisations that they don’t have time to provide cyber security training to their employees, and we get it! We've created this 30-minute self-paced module covering the cyber security essentials you need to know.
By completing this module, you will be able to:
- Understand key challenges to keeping our information safe and secure to avoid data breaches
- Use the “seven tips to catch a phish” to help identify phishing emails and messages
- Undertake essential practices to help protect your important and sensitive information.
This self-paced module is designed for:
- New staff in your organisation
- Any staff that have not received prior cybersecurity training.
You can also use this self-paced module as a recurring refresher course so your staff stay up-to-date in the future.
We offer regular webinars in partnership with Connecting Up.
Cyber criminals are coming for you: are you prepared for the unexpected?
Join PwC’s cyber security team for an engaging webinar where they will discuss the latest scams, cyber threats and the tactics used by cyber criminals and other perpetrators to access what matters most to you and your organisation.
Course level: Everyone
This webinar will include the following:
- Brief introduction about the cyber security threat landscape - what has stayed the same and what has changed
- Common types of scams targeting businesses and individuals during the End of Financial Year period
- Case studies and industry examples: Business email compromise; Software vulnerabilities such as Log4j; End of financial year scams
- Tips and tricks to protect you, your family and your organisation.
By the end of this webinar your organisation will have an understanding of the following topics:
- The cyber security threat landscape, as it applies to Not-for-profits
- Scams to be on the look out for
- How to protect your assets
This webinar is designed for:
- Not for profit leaders and executives
- IT Managers
- Not for profit board members
Please note: The name of each organisation registering for the webinar will be shared with PwC Australia for their impact reporting purposes (the names and contact details of individuals will not be shared).
Think a cyber attack wouldn’t happen to you? Think again
A recording of this free webinar delivered by PwC on 24th February 2022 can be accessed via this link.
By the end of this webinar you will have an understanding of the following topics:
- An understanding of the cyber threat landscape, threat actor motivations and the impacts of cyber threats on NFPs in the context of changing business and technology landscape
- Key learnings from similar case studies and incidents
- Simple steps on how to protect against cyber threats and your role
- Awareness of key resources that can be used for further information.
This webinar is suitable for (type of positions/sectors it is relevant to):
- IT staff
Cyber security for IT managers
Effective cybersecurity protections are essential to keep client and organisational data safe, but many organisations don’t know where to start. In today’s webinar we’ll talk through the key elements required to protect your information and provide a range of additional resources, training tools and information to help you on your cybersecurity journey.
Topics covered include:
- Current cybersecurity risks
- Assessing your cybersecurity risk
- Critical cybersecurity protections
- Staff education and training resources.
If you can't make the live webinars, register anyway and you'll receive the recording to listen to at your leisure, or read our how-to guides on cyber security.