Digital transformation/IT strategy course
Digital disruption is no longer an innovation of the future, it has already occurred. Having efficient, secure and reliable digital technology in your organisation has never been more important. However, a digital strategy, developed by a consultant, can cost anywhere between $20,000 and $80,000 (or more). This is beyond the reach of most not-for-profit organisations.
Take a course in tech strategy and management that will help you chart a path for your organisation. Gain an understanding of the reasons you should develop a digital strategy, including how to go about it and where to start.
Connecting Up's IT Strategy on a Plate course is an affordable methodology for creating a detailed, effective digital strategy for an organisation. It guides not-for-profits through the development of an affordable and effective digital transformation strategy for their organisation within a consultative educational framework. Register your interest for IT Strategy on a Plate – 2024.
This 12-week webinar program features 9 hours of instruction, supplemented by 12 hours of homework. Instruction consists of 6 fortnightly webinars delivered over 1.5 hours each. Each webinar includes a comprehensive presentation, group discussion and exercises. The slides, video recordings, templates and homework are made available following each session.
The course is suitable for senior management and digital technology admin in any not-for-profit and community organisation who don't have an adequate plan for investment in digital technologies.
Topics covered include:
- The need for a digital strategy, and how digital transformation can assist organisations
- Options to create a digital strategy
- Inclusions and exclusions to consider for your digital strategy
- How to approach the process
- The cost and scholarship process
- The first step in developing your Digital Transformation – digital strategy.
Your organisation's digital transformation/IT strategy, on a plate
Through consultation and coaching, the course and its facilitators will guide participants to develop a comprehensive digital strategy for their not-for-profit, including:
- Understanding the business strategy and the level of sophistication in digital technologies that the business strategy requires
- Identifying the business processes of the organisation at a high level
- Investigating the systems typically required to support these processes
- Determining the infrastructure required to underpin the business systems
- Identifying required support to manage the infrastructure and business system
- Creating heat maps for the systems, infrastructure and support on current systems in place within the organisation
- Creating a narrative around the heat maps
- Reviewing current digital technology trends and identifying opportunities that these present for the NFP
- Determining the priorities of resultant digital transformation projects
- Estimating the investment associated with the digital transformation required.
Many organisations have reaped the rewards of our IT Strategy on a Plate course.
|Read how IT Strategy on a Plate helped IRIS Foundation upskill and develop a structured service map for where to improve.
|Read this case study about what Tina Dimitriadis, Director of Operations at Safe Steps, learnt in the course and how she used it to create and implement a new IT strategy.
|Lynn Jarvis, CEO at Working it Out has transformed many aspects of the organisation since undertaking the IT Strategy on a Plate course. Read about her experience in this case study.