Digital transformation/IT strategy course
Digital disruption is no longer an innovation of the future, it has occurred. Having an efficient, secure and reliable digital technology in your organisation has never been more important. But a digital strategy developed by a consultant can cost anywhere between $20,000 and $80,000 (or more), which is beyond the reach of most not-for-profit organisations.
Take a course in tech strategy and management that will help you chart a path for your organisation. Develop an understanding of the reasons to develop a digital strategy, how to go about it and where to start.
Connecting Up's IT Strategy on a Plate course is an affordable methodology for creating a detailed, effective digital Strategy for an organisation. It guides not-for-profits through the development of an affordable and effective digital transformation strategy for their organisation within a consultative educational framework.
This 12-week webinar program features 9 hours of instruction supplemented by 12 hours of homework. Instruction consists of 6 fortnightly webinars running for 1.5 hours each. Each webinar includes a comprehensive presentation, group discussion and exercises. The slides, video recordings, templates and homework will be available after each session.
The course is suitable for senior management and digital technology admin in any not-for-profit and community organisation without an adequate plan for investments in digital technologies.
The topics covered include:
- Why the need for an digital Strategy, and how digital transformation can assist organisations
- Options to create an digital Strategy
- What needs to be covered in your digital Strategy
- What doesn’t need to be covered
- How we go about the process
- The cost and scholarship process
- Get you started with first step in developing your Digital Transformation – digital Strategy
Your organisation's digital transformation/IT strategy, on a plate
Through consultation and coaching, the course and its trainers will guide participants to develop a comprehensive digital Strategy for their not-for-profit, including:
- Understanding the business strategy and the level of sophistication in digital technologies that the business strategy requires
- Identifying the business processes of the organisation at a high level
- What systems are typically required to support these processes
- What infrastructure is required to underpin the business systems
- What support is required to manage the infrastructure and business system
- Creating heat maps for the systems, infrastructure and support on current systems in place at the organisation
- Creating a narrative around the heat maps
- Reviewing current digital technology trends and what opportunities these present for the NFP
- Determining the priorities of resultant digital transformation projects
- Estimating the investment associated with the digital transformation required.
Many organisations have reaped the rewards of the IT Strategy on a Plate course.
|Read how IT Strategy on a Plate helped IRIS Foundation upskill and develop a structured service map for where to improve.|
|Read this case study about what Tina Dimitriadis, Director of Operations at Safe Steps, learnt in the course and how she used it to create and implement a new IT strategy.|
|Lynn Jarvis, CEO at Working it Out has transformed many aspects of the organisation since undertaking the IT Strategy on a Plate course. Read about her experience in this case study.|